Cacao trees today are the #1 cash crop of the rain forests which greatly benefits the numerous indigenous people of the rain forests with employment. This benefits the rain forests greatly themselves.
Forms of cacao are the seeds/nuts/ beans, pulp, as a powder like cocoa, cacao butter and cacao nibs. Cacao nuts have 15x the antioxidants of wild blue berries and they are the most eaten nut on the planet more popular than almonds. The beans in the cacao nuts are used to produce chocolate oil. Minimally processed and non-heated cacao is raw chocolate and these oils and their healthy benefits remain intact. Chocolates with percentages of cacao above 70% are the best, health wise, where 55% is acceptable. If you can get your hands on raw cacao nuts even better.
Do you have muscles that cramp up often? Low magnesium levels are the culprit many times. Personally, this has been an issue for me. Thank goodness I love healthy raw chocolate products. Cacao is the highest source of magnesium. Magnesium has kept the painful charlie horse cramps at bay in my legs. When I slip in eating healthy chocolate my legs cramp up again. Research has shown that magnesium is required for healthy muscles. Remember, your heart is a muscle, so have your magnesium level checked with a number of vitamins and minerals at least once a year by your doctor, Naturopath or health practitioner.
- Contains the highest amount of antioxidants in the world. Research has shown that fruit has less antioxidant activity and flavanoids than dark chocolate and dark chocolate products. A chart online specifically lists all the fruits antioxidant levels and chocolate’s level.
- Contains theobromine which is good for your nervous system
- Contains phenylethylamine found in the nervous system. It has a mood boosting effect due to it releasing the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain.
- Contributes to cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure and increasing blood flow
- Raw chocolates have the added benefits of retaining the original nutrients and minerals the body requires
- Chocolate is the #1 anti-aging food in the world. It contains polypehols and resveratrol
- Chocolate is the #1 food for magnesium in the world, highest source of iron, manganese and chromium of any other major food in the world, and is necessary for blood building , stabilization of blood sugar(chromium) and stress reduction– David Wolfe
- Chocolate is the #1 raw food
- Very rich in phosphorus for healthy bones and great for your teeth and zinc and copper. – David Wolfe
Refresh Your Life Now
Bethel, CT 06801, 203 216 6889
Like us on Facebook, facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter, @bgsuperfoods
Barbara Greenhouse shares her passions of Food, "Cooking", Cruelty-Free, Ahimsa, the Nutrition and Health Connection, and the Sharing of Unbiased Information for a healthy and informed world. She guides her clients through their journey to live their deepest dreams, simply and holistically, with compassion and by incorporating some delicious live raw whole foods, fruits and vegetables. She is currently authoring her first book, "Sacred You, The Delicious Journey"® - © copyright Refresh Your Life Now - 2013 Connecticut, USA
Why Manage Life? Live It! ® Refresh to the Good Life! ®